Who We Are..
Gathering in the Old Historic Northside of Pueblo, Ascension and Holy Trinity Episcopal is a neighborhood church. We are a community that has gathered together to worship, learn, grow and serve for over 125 years. We are a multi-generational community from all walks of life, backgrounds and lifestyles. Honoring and respecting our differences, we practice our faith with generosity and gratitude.
We are a worshiping community.
- We experience the depth and continuity of the mystery of Love that is grounded in the beauty of ancient Christian prayer, practice and hymn. We gather on Saturday evenings, Sunday mornings and other times throughout the week to engage the wonder and habit of our liturgy which means the “the work of the people.”
We are a learning community.
- We deepen our relationship with God in Christ and each other through Sunday Christian education, Sunday Children’s Chapel, weekday Bible and book studies, and for those who love music and song in our growing community of bell and voice choirs.
We are a serving community.
- Our Ascension Pre-School Academy, established over fifty years ago, to provide quality Christian pre-school education to the children of Pueblo with an emphasis on serving those who would not otherwise be able to receive this kind of early child-hood education. This vision continues with about one third of our students receiving full or partial scholarship assistance.
- Way-Side Cross Mission team prepares, cooks, serves and leads Chapel for the homeless folks living at Pueblo’s Way Side Cross on a monthly basis.
- The Cooperative Care Center, which originated at Ascension and Holy Trinity as an ecumenical organization to help those in need in the Pueblo community, is supported by the congregation through regular fund-raising drives, donations and many volunteer hours.
- Villa of Pueblo – a monthly worship service with full Holy Eucharist is celebrated for the folks who call the Villa home.
- Navaho Lands Mission Trip is an annual mission and outreach of Ascension. Every summer a team of young people and adults travel to Navaho Lands and working with the clergy and lay people of Navaho Lands, provide a week of vacation Bible School for the children as well as perform other service projects as needed.
We are relational community. We gather on a monthly basis for meals and fellowship.
- First Saturday of each month we gather after the 5pm service for Soup and Conversation. All are welcome.
- First Saturday of each month the men gather for breakfast together at 7am at Denny’s restaurant on the Northside of Pueblo
- Second Sunday of each month we gather between the 8am and 10:15am services for pot-providence (also known as potluck) brunch. All are welcome.
- Quarterly the women of the parish gather for coffee and fellowship in various homes.
- Annually the parish gathers for the Ascension Luau for fun and fellowship.